It goes with out saying that these are challenging and uncertain times – and at such times, it is even more critical than ever that we come together in the spirit of helping to support one another.
Chaplaincy Health Care is on the front lines serving patients and clients in our community and at the Hospice House. We have actively responded to this coronavirus pandemic and taken extra safety precautions with patients and clients so we can continue to provide the best care possible despite these circumstances. The health and safety of our community and those in our care is of utmost priority.
Like so many of our local businesses and nonprofit organizations, we have been financially impacted by this pandemic.
- Our Repeat Boutique Hospice Thrift stores, a significant revenue source for the Hospice House, have been temporarily closed at a projected loss of $37,000 for April alone.
- The cost of acquiring additional urgently needed medical supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) has increased by 20%.
- We have moved quickly to implement Telehealth to serve our Behavioral Health clients, Palliative Care and hospice patients remotely. This was an unexpected expense we did not plan for in our budget.
Many of you have reached out to us to ask how you can help. At this time we have several urgent needs and would be very grateful for your support.
Here are some ways you can help us:
- Sew gowns for our Hospice Care workers (Click here for a free pattern)
- Donate items to the Hospice House from our Wish Lists
- Make a financial donation to our Compassion Campaign. Your donation will make an immediate impact on our Hospice Program.
Thank you for your continued trust in Chaplaincy Health Care to care for the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of our community. Together we will get through this!
With gratitude and blessings,
Donations can also be mailed to:
Chaplaincy Health Care
1480 Fowler St
Richland, WA 99352
P. S. One of our Chaplains shared a marvelous video clip with our staff this past week. It features elders reading portions of an ancient text, the words of which are universal. We offer this to you as well: Watch Video